KALAMIA CANE GROWER MEMBERS
Burdekin Shire Council is pleased to support the 2019 Agribusiness Futures Forum to be held on Wednesday, 10 April 2019 from 9am-5pm at 1300SMILES Stadium. Please refer to the attached flyer and program for more information.
Join Townsville Enterprise for the inaugural forum as KPMG reveal the findings from the Cooperative Research Centre for Developing Northern Australia (CRCNA) funded North Queensland Agricultural Market & Supply Chain Study.
As the first of its kind in the region, this unique event will provide the North Queensland agriculture sector with an update on the demand trends of key ASEAN markets and the Indo-Pacific Economic Corridor. It will also provide insight into how our region can better position itself to take advantage of these trends through improved efficiencies, productivity and yields, continuity of supply and resultant improved profitability.
• Minister for Agricultural Industry Development and Fisheries (Hon. Mark Furner) will discuss the North and North Western Queensland’s contribution to the State’s food and agribusiness sector and provide an update on flood recovery progress;
• Michael Guerin, CEO – AgForce: Recovery and resilience agenda targeting North Western Queensland cattle producers;
• KPMG overview of the key findings from the North Queensland – Agricultural Market & Supply Chain Study;
• Priority products and future target markets;
• Product demand insights and export market entry strategies; and
• Hells Gates Dam Project update.
To support the forum, Burdekin Shire Council is offering Burdekin residents interested in attending free transport to and from the forum.
Tickets are $69 (Townsville Enterprise members) or $99 (non-members). To register for the forum please visit https://www.portal.townsvilleenterprise.com.au/ccms.r?PageID=6007&TenID=TEL
To reserve your free transport to and from the Burdekin Shire Council Chambers, please contact Eliza Lovell on 4783 9831 or via email mailto:[email protected]
Economic Development Coordinator
Burdekin Shire Council
T (07) 4783 9800 | D (07) 4783 9831
145 Young St | PO Box 974 | Ayr Qld 4807
[email protected] | www.burdekin.qld.gov.au
(click to view full size)