P & K Plot Closure 2019
The P & K Plot will close on the 27th September 2019. Any members wishing to purchase seed cane before this date
please contact Dave Paine (BPS) as soon as possible.
URGENT NOTICE – DECLARATION OF FIRE BAN
Anthony Hazell, Regional Manager, Rural Fire Service has issued notification of Local Fire Ban which includes the Burdekin District.
Please ensure that you adhere to conditions applied to the burning of standing sugar cane as well as burning tops and trash within the exemptions applicable in relation to fire ban, refer attachment for full details.
Ban is in place from 0001 hrs Thursday 12th September to 2359 hrs on Friday 20th September.
(click to view full size)
KCGO has recently had the opportunity to hold discussions with federal and state politicians in relation to matters of importance to this region and sugar industry that have a direct impact on our members.
On Wednesday 21st August KCGO Chairman Robert Malaponte, Deputy Chairman Robert Zandonadi and myself in conjunction with other members of Burdekin District Cane Growers Ltd had the opportunity to meet with Federal Member for Dawson George Christensen and Minister for Finance Senator Mathias Cormann.
Then on Monday 2nd September with Qld Government holding regional parliament in Townsville, Leader of the Opposition and Shadow Minister for Trade Deb Frecklington MP extended an invitation to participate in community deputation sessions with various shadow ministers. Invitation was accepted with the aforementioned KCGO representatives given an opportunity to discuss matters with:
• Leader of the Opposition, Deb Frecklington;
• Shadow Minister for Environment, Science and the GBR, David Crisafulli; and
• Shadow Minister for Agriculture, Tony Perrett
Topics that were raised/discussed at these meetings included:
1. World Sugar Price being negatively impacted by subsidised sugar (predominantly from India);
2. Electricity Prices;
3. Water Prices;
4. The Bill amending the Environmental Protection Act 1994 and checking the science by an independent body such as Office of Science Quality Assurance (OSQA). ;
5. R&D for an alternate use for sugar cane.
6. State Government Sugar Act Code of Conduct
7. Qld Government Stamp Duty applied to Agricultural Insurance
QLD COMPETITION AUTHORITY – REGIONAL WORKSHOPS
SUNWATER IRRIGATION PRICING REVIEW 2020-2024
For any members wishing to attend the regional workshop to be held at Clare Sports & Recreation Club on Monday 23rd September from 2.00-4.00pm, please register your interest via the link below.